To encourage the growing of organic vegetables of home Green Essentials offers an Organic Kitchen Gardening Service to a small group of clients in each of the vegetable growing seasons (winter, summer, monsoon) of the year.
This service helps our clients overcome the initial challenges of growing in first-time vegetable gardens by working side-by-side to ensure that the principles of organic growing are understood and followed. Our team works with clients (and their garden help) to understand how they can adapt their current gardening practices for better results.
Packages for your Organic Kitchen Garden
- The Home Garden Package – Typically a garden attached to a homestead, which is from 30 to 200 sq mts in area. Growing is typically in raised beds and our team designs a growing plan that is suited to your location/conditions. Winter is the ideal time to begin your vegetable gardening on the Western coast of India (October). Usually this would be for clients who would like to have fresher and healthier vegetables than their local vegetable vendor provides.
- The Organic Restaurant/Café Package – As restaurateurs and their clients become more demanding about the freshness and taste of their ingredients, we are often asked to help create gardens that can produce enough to cater to the bulk of their specialty needs. Lettuce, fresh greens, herbs and specialty produce like tomatoes and broccoli are common favourites for these gardens. It’s a great way to differentiate your restaurant or café.
- The Terrace Garden Package – Not everyone has enough garden space to accommodate a kitchen garden, but terraces often provide a great alternative space for growing your fresh veggies. We assist clients in setting up on terraces, so they can make use of underutilised spaces and ample sunlight to create diverse and amazingly productive vegetable gardens.
- The Container Garden Package – What if you’re in an apartment with just a balcony or window sills and not much extra space? Our Container Garden Package could be just right for you. These container-based (pots and planters) organic vegetable combinations let you have quick access to your favourite veggies and herbs by utilising every square inch of space.
CAN’T FIND YOUR SIZE? Contact us for assistance.
This service may be ideal for you if:
- You’ve tried growing organic vegetables but have been disheartened by the results
- You’ve never grown vegetables before and would like a quick start
- You haven’t been able to make enough time for your garden and had poor results
- You’d like to revive a family farm, but want to start small to learn organic methods
We work with our garden clients in the following ways:
- Basic Setup Service – Only provide an organic vegetable design and setup service (supervision and in some cases labour is provided by us)
- Seasonal Assistance Service – Undertake the design and setup service AND make weekly monitoring visits for 10 -12 weeks