Our workshops are held in Goa and Mumbai (beginner and intermediate level) and help people who are new to kitchen gardening with learning the basics of growing vegetables in their home gardens or in pots. These workshops are held at different times across the course of the growing season, and are focused on organic methods and practices.
Often conducted in collaboration with Miguel Braganza, these workshops are inclined more towards practical demonstrations and hands-on sessions than the theoretical aspects of growing vegetables.
We believe that kitchen gardening in the city is a great way to make our lives healthier (and tastier) and to help us reconnect with the environment.
Few people imagine that they can pretty easily grow several difficult to obtain vegetables and herbs in their balconies, terraces and household gardens with just a little effort.
Most importantly if grown organically, these vegetables are much better than the pesticide laced vegetables and fruits that we are usually subjected to in the marketplace.
Regular organic kitchen gardening workshop topics include:
- Growing vegetables organically (summer, winter and monsoon sessions)
- Growing food in pots
- Growing fruits organically in your home garden
- Troubleshooting pest problems organically
- Reviving family farms
Note: Click on the links above for details on what’s covered
We also conduct special request sessions
On occasion we are asked by clients to conduct a special workshop for an audience that they would like to engage or inform. We usually adapt our session contents to match the time and space requirements specified and have been a part of the following types of events:
- Special Environment Day/Earth Day sessions at corporate organisations who are trying to create interesting activities for their employees and their families to participate in as part of “special event programs”.
- Container vegetable gardening sessions for special groups/housing societies which have several members who would like to learn about a topic that is increasingly popular amongst city dwellers. Get in touch if you’d like to organise this for your community.
- Educational sessions for students in schools/colleges as a part of the institution’s environment education agenda. These programs include special educational displays and demonstrations as well as Q&A sessions for students to learn about organic food and growing.
- Gardening workshops at events and festivals to attract and engage visitors who have an interest in growing organic food in their home gardens. We have held these special sessions at events like the Konkan Fruit Festival (Margao, Goa) and the SFX Festival of Plants and Flowers (Siolim. Goa).